Hanscom FCU Celebrates a Year of Giving at Annual Meeting
Thursday, May 10, 2018
Hanscom AFB, MA (May 10, 2018) – Hanscom Federal Credit Union celebrated another strong year of community support at its 64th Annual Meeting on Saturday, May 5, 2018. Activities supported by the credit union, including donations from the Hanscom FCU
||Hanscom FCU’s Tom Becker and Terri Bellacini at the Hanscom FCU Charitable Foundation table at the 2018 HFCU Annual Meeting.
Charitable Foundation, generated a total of $295,000 in gifts to local nonprofit organizations.
“The Hanscom FCU Charitable Foundation donates 100% of proceeds,” said Hanscom FCU’s Chairman of the Board Paul Marotta. “We’re proud to announce how much our foundation has given away to worthy causes over the last year.
Among the gifts were:
· $100,000 to the Home Base Program. Home Base is a partnership of the Red Sox Foundation and Massachusetts General Hospital that supports veterans with traumatic brain injuries and post-traumatic stress disorder.
· $48,688 raised with member support to sponsor three runners on the CU Kids at Heart Team for the Boston Marathon. One hundred percent of the funds raised were used to support pediatric brain research at Boston Children’s Hospital.
· $10,000 to Crossroads for Kids, offering programs to at-risk youth that foster connections to community, healthy social and emotional development, college and career readiness, and commitment to community action.
· $13,666 to the Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless “Bed for Every Child Initiative,” sponsored by The Cooperative Credit Union Association. This initiative was developed to ensure every child in the commonwealth has a safe, comfortable place to sleep every night.
· $10,000 to the New England Center and Home for Veterans, which is a national leader in housing and serving veterans who are risk for homelessness.
· $5,000 to Fisher House Boston, which provides a “home away from home” for military families whose loved ones are receiving medical treatment in the Boston area.
The Hanscom FCU Charitable Foundation is an independent 501(c)(3) organization with a separate board of directors focused on providing both human and financial resources to the local nonprofit community.
Hanscom Federal Credit Union, headquartered at Hanscom Air Force Base, serves over 82,000 members across the country and overseas through 20 branches, over 100,000 service centers and surcharge-free ATMs, 24-hour telephone service and a web-based branch. The credit union holds $1.3 billion in assets.