DCUC Supports Center of Excellence For Emerging Technology
Friday, June 19, 2020
WASHINGTON, DC (JUNE 19, 2020) — The Defense Credit Union Council is proud to announce its support of Filene’s Research Center of Excellence for Emerging Technology project.
According to Filene, the focus of this project is to connect credit unions with the most impactful technology and consumer trends. As technology use and consumer trends continue to evolve, it is essential that the work of this research center continues so that credit unions have current resources, tools and strategies for navigating the intersection of financial services, and emerging technology in a concrete and actionable manner.
Credit unions are exploring new concepts and innovative ideas to meet the needs of the communities they serve. A few technology trends being explored include cloud storage, FinTechs, marketing automation, artificial intelligence, and IT security.
The research produced by Filene’s Fellows builds on the deep archive of past learning and offers a foundation for future incubation, innovation, and ultimately impactful action. Specific projects in this Center will encompass:
- Identifying technology table-stakes and trade-offs in regard to financial services competitors
- Studying consumer uses of and trust in new and novel financial technologies
- Documenting future trends in automation, artificial intelligence and member experience to understand how core financial products are being reinvented for self-service delivery
- Outlining specific pathways for credit union-fintech partnerships
- Evaluating the opportunity for meeting the emerging needs of non-traditional workers
- Exploring the future of identity and authentication
“DCUC is committed to providing the right information and tools to our members so that they continue to succeed now and in the future. Our support of Filene’s Center of Excellence for Emerging Technology is an important part of this commitment. It is also important than any technology adopted by credit unions be inclusive of the unique circumstances faced by our military and veterans, to include those who must maintain high security clearances and those who are wounded/disabled. We look forward to facilitating the flow of information both ways and to making the credit union industry stronger together.”
For more information on Filene’s Center of Excellence for Emerging Technology