Support Full Year Funding For The Military
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
“…nine years of partisan politics, stopgap spending measures, and kicking the can down the road, have eroded our strength and encouraged our enemies. Members of the House now have the opportunity — indeed the obligation — to support our troops by approving the same bill next week. We have no duty that is more important than keeping faith with our troops."
-Chairman Mac Thornberry
America's Military Today:
- Over the past 8 years we have reduced the size of the Army, Guard, and Reserve by as much as 120,000 Soldiers and eliminated 15 brigade combat teams.
- 9 of 58 Brigade Combat Teams are "ready to fight tonight.” This number has nearly doubled since Congress began reinvesting in military readiness.
- Funding to upgrade outdated Army equipment has been cut in half during the last several years.
What the Appropriations Bill will do: Invest $22.9 billion to get our troops ready to deploy, including:
- $3.0 billion to repair Army equipment
- $5.1 billion to recruit additional Soldiers
- $14.8 billion to replace or upgrade current equipment
Read the House Armed Services Committee's full article here >>>