Military Consumer Protection Day – Wednesday, July 16, 2014.
Wednesday, July 2, 2014
As you know, Military Consumer Protection Day is drawing near – Wednesday, July 16, 2014. Here are a few updates and asks:
· There will be an MCPD webinar on Wednesday, July 9 at 2:00 EST for Members of Congress and their staff on the Hill and in districts. Please see the attached email for details and forward it to those in your network who may be interested in learning how to connect with congressional offices to host events for military consumers. Please remove the word “TEST” in the subject line before forwarding.
· The MCPD Hill Fair is happening Friday, July 11, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm at Rayburn Foyer on Capitol Hill. If you’ve not already done so, please let Derrick Rill, Lisa Lake and me know by Monday July 9 if you’re interested in having a table at the fair. For more information, see attachment, “MCPD Fair Tips and Logistics.”
· There will be a Twitter chat/town hall on MCPD on Wednesday, July 16 at 2:00 EST. If possible, please promote this to your networks on social media and elsewhere as we really want to raise awareness for the chat and for MCPD 2014 overall. The hashtag is #MCPD2014. Whenever you promote the chat or refer to MCPD 2014 overall, please include this hashtag in your messages to help get the word out. Also, please instruct your network to use the hashtag in any questions they tweet during the chat. The topics will be identity theft and credit-related issues.
· We are keeping a running list of MCPD events. If you have something planned, we’d love to know and help you get the word out about it. Please provide the name of the event (e.g., MCPD Shred-a-Thon), location and agency/organization sponsoring it. By the way, the event doesn’t have to be this month; even if it’s later in the year, we’d like to include it.
· Hopefully, many of you are planning to write posts for the MCPD blog. Please let us know the title/subject matter, author and date you’d like it to run by Friday, July 11 if you’d like your post to run the week before or during MCPD.
· As you may know, there is a MCPD toolkit full of templates, buttons, banners and ideas on how you can promote the day as well as your own consumer protection resources for the military community. Please let me know if you have questions on using these tools.
Thank you for participating in MCPD 2014 and the year-round Military Consumer campaign!
Senior Project Manager
Division of Consumer and Business Education
Federal Trade Commission
600 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20580
202-326-2368; fax: 202-326-3574 Web I Facebook I Twitter I YouTube